Re: GNOME groups in USA

Hi,

Eitan Isaacson wrote:
>> Oregon is somewhat weak.  We have a strong free software community
>> but very weak in desktop.  Maybe 3 of us possibly.  Much as I would
>> like to think that I'm a tour de force by myself...
>>

> I think we have maybe a couple more up here in Seattle, so like I said,
> maybe a Pacific NW group?

So - getting from idea to action, then:

GNOME Pacific NW (from Seattle to San Francisco?):

Seattle: Eitan, Lion Kimbro, Sean Egan?

Portland: Sri, Keith, Carl

San Francisco: No idea.

Some of the things you guys could do to get set up, I would say, are:

 - Make a list of people, and ask everyone if they know others not on
the list (repeat if people know others not on the list when the new
people arrive)
 - Say hello to each other
 - Start a mailing list?
 - Tell me about local events in the North West so that I can add them
to the GNOME calendar (and maybe add one or more of you guys to the
calendar maintainers while I'm at it)
 - Organise to meet up somewhere
 - Organise a stand at a free software conference in the area

Eitan, do you want to take on gathering a list of interested people?

Cheers,
Dave.
--
Dave Neary