Wow - look at the KDE news volume

http://www.google.com/trends?q=gnome%2Ckde&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

Even though our search volume is staying roughly identical to KDE? look at their news references.

We need to improve at this, the way the KDE promotion team have. That means a CRM (on its way, honest) and a really regular feed of information from inside the organisation to outside. Not just biannual press releases for the new versions, but announcements for new advisory board members, the GNOME embedded forum (when Jeff thinks it's reached the maturity that there's something to announce), initiatives like WSOP, anything & everything. See what's buzzing GNOME hackers, and throw out an email to see if it buzzes up others too.

Cheers,
Dave.