Re: Spreading the press release/release announcement and collecting press coverage

Murray Cumming a écrit :
I'm sorry I didn't bring this up before the release, when it would have
been more useful. Let's just learn the lesson, and make sure our finger
is on the pulse next time, and give kudos where it's due.

Gathering, sorting, and presenting the release information takes a lot of
time and effort. That's why I recommended a schedule:
http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes

The problem here, as far as I can tell, was that someone else (mostly,
Quim, I think) had to step in at the last moment. So I think we are lucky
that we had release notes at all, even if they weren't perfect. These
things happen.

Agreed. It is unfortunate that we missed an opportunity to underline our commitment to a low memory footprint and increased performance, though. Especially since, aside from that, there weren't any major changes. It would have married well with our relationship with mobile device producers and the OLPC project too.

Cheers,
Dave.