Re: Screenshot link on frontpage

<quote who="Quim Gil">

> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 20:05 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > There's no reason why you can't link that with the word 'screenshots'.
>
> There is a reason not to link with the word "Screenshots" a section that
> comprises an overview-tour of GNOME, a screenshots gallery and a
> collection of videos/screencasts.

> Also compare:

The suggestion was not limited to the navigation bar. Call it whatever makes
sense, but consider also the homing beacon that 'screenshots' represents. It
could be a semi-permanent feature in the sidebar, it could be a highlighted
link elsewhere on the page. It could be as crass as a "GET YOUR SCREENSHOTS"
star-bubble over the main feature image, but it could also be subtle. I like
crass homing beacons, myself.

- Jeff

--
Ohio LinuxFest 2006: Columbus OH, USA              http://www.ohiolinux.org/

     Broken hearts rarely come with "Some Assembly Required" stickers.