Re: Screenshot link on frontpage

Hi Quim

The idea is to show a screenshot right in the homepage, in the GNOME
Slogan block you have on the top right corner.

Okay, that sounds very good to me.

As Joachim reminds, we
have also a "Take the Tour" entry in the first position of the primary
nav bar. And there is a "Screenshots" entry in the secondary bar under
"Take the Tour".

The thing I like about Screenshot is that, it is affiliated with
software, and that is what new visitors are looking for.

"Take the tour" is often seen of big company websites, where all sorts
of products, not necessary software related, are showcased.

"Take the tour" may therefore not lead the visitor to think there are
screenshots beneath.

I think this is the right approach since we plan to show GNOME not only
with screenshots (a tour and screencasts/videos are expected if we have
the people to produce them).

I understand your point, but I think that new possible users of
Gnome/Linux are primarily looking for software, so they might get
scared away by the community part of Gnome.

The community isn't for everybody, but Gnome is =) =)

Martin