Re: GNOME Logo Branding Guidelines Concerns

Hi Thilo,

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
2006/10/30, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>:

It is probably worth strongly encouraging that local teams (whether based on
region or language, because there will be / are both kinds) avoid any flags
where possible. We can ask teams to consider other concepts before accepting
the design.

So I guess for now the way should be that every logo needs permission
of the GNOME foundation if anything is changed? As we do not have
guidelines for enhancing the logo for localisation.

Well, do you mean guidelines for customizing the foot for localization teams or do you mean actual localization of the logo?

It wouldn't be too hard to come up with the former. The latter - the subtext is ok to translate but the 'GNOME' should probably stay 'GNOME.'

~m