Re: CMS selected: Plone
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Henri Bergius <henri bergius iki fi>
- Cc: marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: CMS selected: Plone
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:41:14 +0100
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 14:16 +0200, Henri Bergius wrote:
> they want to work with their tools using
> > xml2po and a versioning system. They are serious about it.
> Ok, if they really think so. I'd still claim logging into the site and
> double clicking content to edit is easier,
That's an easier way to type in text. But that's a disastrous way to
keep changing content always translated. Translators must be allowed to
see what's changed and just update that part, directly. And by using
the .po format they can use their existing tools to do that.
It's a system that is wildly successful for application messages,
documentation and the release notes already.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev