Re: GNOME Logo Branding Guidelines Concerns

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 18:04 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
[snip]
> I disagree with you that we need to have plain black to protect the
> brand - I think there's more value in allowing good variations of the
> foot to develop.

I'm not saying it needs to be black. I am saying that having a globe or
flag as a fill for the foot is probably distorting it too much. Other
colors are definitely OK - though we probably want to recommend our
brand colors. I suspect a gradient is probably OK too. But I'm not a
lawyer or designer, so I'm happy as long as we do whatever we do with
open eyes, and as long as our guidelines are clear.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com