Re: GNOME Logo Branding Guidelines Concerns
- From: Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se>
- To: marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME Logo Branding Guidelines Concerns
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:24:19 +0200
Máirín Duffy wrote:
So for a while now I've been working at establishing a set of guidelines
for the GNOME brand, including the GNOME logo. An issue has come up and
I wanted to ask you all for your thoughts on it: The GNOME 'sublogo'
guidelines  may be of concern with respect to the defensibility of
the GNOME foot's trademark. (See discussion at ).
So my questions for you folks are:
(1) Are there any objections to the proposed sublogo guidelines? Do you
think they are too restrictive or too permissive?
(2) Do you think the 'creative' sublogos approach is entirely more risk
than it is worth? Should we just not allow for sublogos, or only allow
for sublogos that use the 'stock' GNOME foot logomark?
(3) Do you think having an approval system for sublogos would be an
acceptable requirement? Should we contact a lawyer to get some advice?
Thanks for working on this, it totally rocks to have something like this!
Approving sublogos sounds like a great idea, the Java GNOME logo for
example hurts my eyes a bit, but the other examples works quite well.
] [Thread Prev