Re: Updated "Why choose GNOME" leaflet

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Thomas Wood">
>
>> We're now looking for comments on the text to make it more fun and
>> interesting. It's probably worth noting the prospective audience will
>> probably be IT managers and small developers.
>
> Suggestions:
>
>  * "Why Choose GNOME?" -> "Put your foot down: Demand GNOME." (semi-joking;
>    this heading would be better off as a statement rather than a question).

I did suggest "Choose GNOME, Choose Life, Choose...", but thought a
trainspotting reference may not be in best taste ;-)

>  * "desktop for end-users, users" -> "desktop for users"/

"desktop for people"... "desktop for human beings" ...?

>  * Change "IBM, HP and Sun" to focus on the major distributors, who we can
>    clearly associate with GNOME: Red Hat, Novell, Sun, Canonical.

Canonical or Ubuntu? I imagine most people would now recognise the
Ubuntu and Fedora names more than the parent organisations, and I
suspect this is probably deliberate.

-Thomas