Re: Personas

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 12:30 -0300, Santiago Roza wrote:
> On 7/15/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
[snip]
> and believe me it wasn't the first time i had read about personas
> anyway; it tends to appear somewhere when you study business
> administration  :)

"Persona" is a rather specific piece of human interface design jargon.
But it is probably similar to the stuff you learned in business
administration.

> > They can be of immense value to our marketing efforts,
> > including in product development, research, and advertising.
>
> ... providing they are representative profiles of our target users.
> when they're random stories with no coherence or representation (eg:
> "manny is a zoophilic 14-year-old genius lawyer who works as a
> construction worker and likes to cut himself with a wifi usb chip"),
> they have no marketing value whatsoever.
[snip]
> what i find useless is the idea of creating all human and fuzzy
> profiles with no market representation at all... that's an anecdote
> more than a profile, and i can't imagine why we would need those.

People just put up some stuff to start with, to get this done. Nobody
said that they wouldn't be representative of our current or desired
market, and everybody said that you (all) are welcome to make them
great. Please help.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com