Re: Web policies - final draft

I have updated GnomeWeb/WebPolicies and I think it is 1.0 now. I
removed the comments about content that has been updated, but
they are available through the document history.

>  > Just to let you know about the other side: I think, using tags for
>  > written content is usually a very bad idea.
>
> Tags, or keywords, which in the WGO context are the same, have been in
> use for many years in scientific papers and documentation systems; if
> using keywords is a bad idea I think decades of use must have proven
> them wrong, but they are still in use - and extending to the normal user
> in the web via tags.
>
> Keywords are just an alternative system for retreiving information, a
> system which may co-exist with a hierarchical taxonomy tree. It's not an
> end, but a mean to improve the way people browse and retreive
> information in a highly populated site or information system.

I like this kind of tagging too, mostly because of the straight
forward linking to relevant pages. However I don't consider this
as a "must have", and I don't think this is something we should
enforce. If the (CMS) tools we choose provides such
functionality, I think we should use it, but not make it a
requirement.

Sigurd