Re: Web policies - final draft

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:34:38 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> I wonder why the tag coolness should be restricted to blogs, perhaps
> they can be useful in websites like wgo. [...]

Just to let you know about the other side: I think, using tags for
written content is usually a very bad idea.

Tags are often used when the writer didn't even try to constrain himself
and serve dedicated content for his readers. Otherwise he would have
been able to structure the content somehow, to use categories, sections
and headlines that are meaningful and related to the content.

Using tags means the writer didn't bother about the reader. I don't
think it's a surprise that tags are used in blogs very often. If we'd
really need tags in wgo, we would have made something terribly wrong.

For clarity: When I'm talking about tags I mean a system where each
unit of content is organized under more than just one keyword.

Cheers,
Claus