Re: wgo structure

Ok, then. This looks good:

[GNOME logo]  Discover - Try - Learn - Create - Join

I think Learn is in fact better, softer than "study". You learn from
life. A learning experience sounds positive and exciting. Study is
always a conscious action, you don't study by accident. You can learn
though just by browsing wgo.

Anyway, I guess what counts here is to have the opinion of native
English speakers.

About the GNOME websites map, I think a one page selection of the mature
global and local sites around wgo is appropriate for Discover. We need
to explain at this stage that http://www.gnomedesktop.org/ ,
http://gtk.org/ , http://guadec.org , http://www.gnome-ev.de/ or
http://www.gnomefr.org/ are around, connected. The wiki page at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/GnomeSubsites is for internal use and
complete listing. Yes, we should point to this websites from their
related pages at wgo, but indeed I think it is useful to have them all
in a single page under Discover, with a logical structure and a one
sentence description for each.

Also, can we agree that user Joe not caring much about software nor
freedom and with not much time to spend is not a core use case for us?

I mean, we will get Joe's but they are not going to step easily from
zero to download and try a LiveCD. If they are open to discover or learn
we can set big gateways to the GNOME & free software pages at Wikipedia
and other websites focusing on converting new users. If they just want
to grab (Try) some software for free-as-in-beer let's offer them
downloadable GNOME products for Windows/Mac -
http://live.gnome.org/MarketingTeam/GnomeOnWindows and links to the
distros. If they want to discover, learn or try more they will come
back, now as predisposed users, and then we will be able to put them in
the GNOME mantra.

This way we can develop a wgo focused on users interested in software OR
freedom OR both, which are our core targets.