Re: wgo structure

On Wed, 2006-09-08 at 20:36 +0200, Claus Schwarm wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:01:23 +0200
> Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:
>
> > I shouldn't be talking about navigation bars yet, but I'll try. This
> > structure could bring us to a nav bar like this:
> >
> > [GNOME logo]  Know - Try - Learn - Work - Join - Enjoy!
> >
> [snip]
>
> You may like to consider 'Create' instead of 'Work' -- sounds a little
> bit more positive I guess.

Create sounds better than work. In my opinion these terms should be
checked whether they make sense when you add "GNOME" to the end. For
example, "Work GNOME" doesn't make sense, however "Create GNOME" does.
I also don't like "Know" for some reason. I think maybe because it
sounds like there is some knowledge expected already or I can't quite
pin down my dislike for "Know". "Get to know" or "Discover" would work
better, I think.

As far as "Enjoy!" is concerned, I don't think it has a place, or maybe
front page is good but a link for it shouldn't exist. Reason: the only
time you can really (IMO) enjoy GNOME is when you login with GDM into
GNOME :). Therefore "Try" overlaps with "Enjoy", I think.

-Gezim