Re: upcoming conferences and liveCDs

On 5/3/05, David Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On May 3, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> >>
> >> Where? It would be good to have a wiki page with a list of annual
> >> conferences, not tied to specific years, if that makes sense...
> >
> > Good question, it's too late for 2005 obviously.  I guess we need a
> > flat
> > list of conferences...
>
> There was some discussion of this last year :)

Yeah, I remembered we had it, but wasn't sure where it went. Did we
get a wiki page up? My thinking is that we could have a general list
of conferences that happen every year, and then a list (either same
place or separate) listing what the date of the next known one is,
whether or not we've contacted the organizer, what speakers we have
there, etc., etc.

> GNOME:
> GNOME Summit
> GUADEC
>
> General desktop ones
> aKademy
> DesktopCon (new this year)
>
> European general:
> LinuxTag
> FOSDEM
> Solutions Linux
> RMLL
> EuroOSCon (new this year)
>
> North American general:
> OSCon
> OLS

LWE Boston and LWE SF

> Australian:
> linuxconf.au (and its GNOME minicon)

Looks fairly complete to me but like you say I'm sure there are mising ones.

Luis