Re: [Fwd: GUADEC7 press release draft]

On 6/24/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > I've just got a meeting with Tim and John from the board and everything
> > goes ahead. But it is not clear yet the dates of the GUADEC itself
> > (within the range of 7 days available), and the board needs to decide on
> > this.
> >
> > Question: should we wait until the dates are 100% confirmed or could we
> > simply say that the GUADEC will be held at the beginning of June 2006
> > and translate&publish the press release now?
>
> We should wait. It is very difficult for translators to cope with any
> changes.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we change it; I think the
suggestion is 'say something vague now and get it out', and announce
specific dates later. This seems reasonable to me- there is still much
discussion to be had about how long GUADEC should be, and I'd hate to
pin us down now on that issue, and I'd hate to delay this announcement
any longer.

So I vote announce 'June 2006' ASAP, and figure out exact dates soon
but without blocking other things.

Luis