Re: Increasing membership of marketing-private

<quote who="Dave Neary">

> I would like to get more of the marketing team onto marketing-private.
> That way, we have more input from people from the community, improving
> communication. I would like to keep it invitation-only, though, to make
> sure that we don't get stuck in endless discussions when we just need to
> get a release out the door.

Yes, the objective was to have a meritocratic system of 'promotion' (for
want of a better word) for people who are doing awesome marketing stuff to
join marketing-private, so that it is not wholly on the shoulders of the
Foundation board. The process of handling 'promotion' was not decided back
when the lists were first created - indeed, a formal process may not be
desireable.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 10th-12th        http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "Everyone says they like Free Software - not everyone is ready to make
         the tough choices to make it happen." - Maciej Stachowiak