support for local gnome groups.

Now in my humble opinion the local gnome groups are the most important
gnome marketing asset. Since basically they are the direct link to
middle sized and small businesses and local people.

I think that a lot of these groups could do a lot more if they got more
backing from "global gnome" then just a pat on the back and a
encouraging speech. (not meant as vindictive as one might read.)

Now i'm not talking money. I'm talking about network, i'm talking about
events where global gnome could perhaps arrange for a famous gnome
person to also be there, just to have that little extra that will give a
company the feel that gnome is not a "internet" thing but a well
organized project that they could reliably use in there business.

Also i was thinking about props. Like simple posters or gnome t-shirts
that could be made in bulk for all global gnome groups so the cost would
be reduced. Because getting proper props is now quite a expensive
business if you don't have a sponsor.
Good props are in my opinion essential to give a good first impression.

And there are probably more ideas that could be realized for local gnome
groups to further the goal of marketing the gnome project and supplying
local businesses with information about gnome.

p.s.
I posted this actually a few days back, but because i used a different e-mail address it was put into moderation.
But since that was the last i heard from that post, i simply though it would be faster/simpler to simply mail it again.
So my apology up front if this isn't the proper etiquette for mailing-lists.

--
Erik Snoeijs <ErikSnoeijs nl gnome org>

gnome-nl: http://nl.gnome.org
personal: http://www.stratos-online.nl