Increasing membership of marketing-private

Hi,

As most of you know, there are currently 2 marketing lists around GNOME, the first is marketing-list, where we brainstorm about GNOME's strategy, message, and generate action points for what we want to do to move towards them. The second is marketing-private, which is a private, invitation only list which includes the board and some other people (Jeff Waugh, Leslie Proctor, probably others I don't know about). It is also an alias for gnome-press-contact gnome org Why do we need two? Well, because often when someone contacts us for a press issue, they want that issue to stay secret until a release date that they have decided on (as with the Nokia announcement recently). Also, the press are likely to be a little wary of posting to a public list asking for reaction on a story they're writing before it's published.

Similarly, sometimes we want to work on press releases and have a bit of a splash.

I would like to get more of the marketing team onto marketing-private. That way, we have more input from people from the community, improving communication. I would like to keep it invitation-only, though, to make sure that we don't get stuck in endless discussions when we just need to get a release out the door.

Could anyone interested in being on marketing-private contact me, please? I hope to get agreement on this from the list owner soon, at which point you'll be added to the list.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary