Re: Drawing the pretty pictures

Simos Xenitellis wrote:

There is something already you may want to look into! Sorry in advance
if I dump too much information, too soon..
No worries!
I currently have a lot of spare time for about one or two weeks now, so now is a really good time to throw work at me. :)

When you boot with a GNOME LiveCD, the very first screen shows a "Boot
splash" image, such as
http://planet.hellug.gr/misc/elliniko-gnome-final.PNG
http://project77.info/gnomelive/

Now, how the first screen appears is quite important for first
impressions in a marketing way, so the boot splash should look good.

I would love to do that one. It would be nice if both the bootsplash, gdm login, gnome splash and desktop background could fit together nicley. In the long run it would be nice of course to have a style guide for all the flyers and printed stuff, gnome.org web and other stuff to make it all fit together nicley. But that is a whole bunch of work and coordinating the art on the liveCD is satisfying for now.
- Andreas