Re: Drawing the pretty pictures

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:02:38 +0200
Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se> wrote:

> In the long run it would be nice of course to have a style guide
> for all the flyers and printed stuff, gnome.org web and other stuff to
> make it all fit together nicley. But that is a whole bunch of work and
> coordinating the art on the liveCD is satisfying for now.

sri mentions on his blog that he heard Steve Gerrity is working on
www.gnome.org (layout, I assume). This seems to be a good chance to
establish a style that is usable across different media. Sri, any more
info on that?

Maybe make a list in the wiki about the things that a style guide should
cover: Web, Web advertising, Presentations, Flyer, and Posters comes
into mind.

Maybe Sebastien likes to help, too? He made several suggestions for
posters, and is doing the gnome.org splash screens.

Otherwise we end up having one design for the Web again that is only
slighly usable on other media.

Cheers,
Claus