Re: Getting involved through the website

Quim Gil wrote:

- advanced users wanting to contribute to the project (not only
programmers, other skills too)
One thing the project is in need of is more artists. There seem to be a massive amount of people intrested in both graphics and gnome, just look at the splash contests for Gimp and 2.10. There also seems to be a lot of activity over at gnome-look.org. Not only does a lot of apps desperatly need icons, the gnome-icon-theme also needs some updates. For some reason few people seems interested in contributing directly to that. There even was a guy that started doing massive updates to the gnome-icon-theme, but as his own project over at gnome-look.org. Something is rotten in the state of denmark, but it's not the maintainers fault as one could think, he has gladly accepted everything I have thrown at him.

I stumbled across the new kde-artists page yesterday. It's fantastic and I would love to have something similar for Gnome.
- Andreas Nilsson