Re: proposing a meeting [was Re: GNOME's Target Markets]

Selon Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>:

> On 7/14/05, John Williams <john williams lists gmail com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 22:03 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > > (2) can we have a meeting in yarrr.gnome.org[1], perhaps weekly[2],
> > > and perhaps restricted in attendance, until we hash some of this out,
> > > at least at a high level?
> > I think this is a great idea.  Just tell me a time, and I will be there,
> > whatever the time is here in New Zealand.
>
> How does Tuesday, 19:00 GMT sound for everyone?

Not really OK for me, I think, but I trust you guys to agree with me ;)

My position in summary:

We have 3 products, each with a different primary market:
1) the development platform - target market, ISVs (indemendent application
developers, not necessarily companies either)
2) The desktop - target market, public sector, perhaps the vague & difficult to
target "potential contributor".
3) Applications - we have a bunch of apps that run everywhere, and for those our
target is the Windows hobbyist (cover CDs - get a partnership going with the
OpenCD).

outside those 3 products, with 3 different markets, any effort we expend leads
to diminished returns.

Cheers,
Dave.

--