Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:01 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="John Williams">
>
> > Anyway, I am delighted to stumble across this thread.  Can I ask if there
> > is any idea how soon one will be able, without a financial cost, to
> > register as a user of GNOME and optionally ask to be kept up-to-date (or
> > whatever)?
>
> You could always subscribe to gnome-announce-list... ;-)
Hmmm.   I expressed myself clumsily it seems.

Can I point you to the word "optionally" above.  I was asking if there
was any system where one could:

1. Without financial cost

2. Register as a user of GNOME.  (Stand and be counted.)

3. And then choose to be kept up-to-date or not.

Subscribing to an email list accomplishes (3) and (1) but does not imply
(2).  Joining Friends of GNOME accomplishes (2) but not (1).  I am
unaware of the implication on (3) of joining FoG.