Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]
- From: John Williams <john williams lists gmail com>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: GNOME Infrastructure <gnome-infrastructure gnome org>, gnome web <gnome-web-list gnome org>, "Tim Ney, GNOME Foundation" <director gnome org>, marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:11:22 +1200
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 13:15 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > It all started with trying to find a way to estimate the number of GNOME
> > users. An automated ping is the best way, but is ethically dangerous. An
> > opt-in register is ethically fine, but sub-optimal for our purposes.
> > Also, we can do it right now, rather than later. Plus, it can establish a
> > lower bound on the number of users, and seeing that number rise will
> > (hopefully!) be inspirational.
> Keep in mind that these discussions started entirely independently, despite
> the threads on the mailing list. The stuff we're discussing here is for long
> term contact management (FoG being one use case).
My apologies. Too damn hasty again...
Anyway, I am delighted to stumble across this thread. Can I ask if
there is any idea how soon one will be able, without a financial cost,
to register as a user of GNOME and optionally ask to be kept up-to-date
(And I promise to backtrack through the thread, too.)
] [Thread Prev