Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:10 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
<snip>
> Yes and no. I agree that running the Gnome Live CD will give them the
> feel of Gnome, but technically, what they're trying is Ubuntu (plus some
> hacks), not "Gnome". And if they decide they like Gnome, then their next
> step is still to install Linux, not to install Gnome.

I agree that the next step would be to install Linux, however when they
are greeted by a different desktop, be it KDE or whatever, they're going
to want to know what happened to the nice looking lovely desktop (gnome)
and they'll ask their local LUG or someone who supplied the distro for
help.

Regards,
-Gezim