Re: Desktop personas (draft)

Hi,

Santiago Roza wrote:
if you follow Cooper (and I'm not exactly sure
how personas are supposed to apply to marketing), you're not trying to
define a target audience per se. What you're doing is actual
characterisation, as a novelist might do

then maybe we don't have to follow cooper strictly, because we might
end up with something we can't use for marketing purposes.

I disagree. What you're doing is creating living, breathing characters which represent your target audiences.

To say that a specific personage can't be representative of the needs of a class of people (at least 70% or 80%) is wrong.

The advantage of personas is that it's easier to think of needs in terms of a real person, you can hope to create an emotional link between the developer and the fictional character.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary