Re: Desktop personas (draft)

> if you follow Cooper (and I'm not exactly sure
> how personas are supposed to apply to marketing), you're not trying to
> define a target audience per se. What you're doing is actual
> characterisation, as a novelist might do

then maybe we don't have to follow cooper strictly, because we might
end up with something we can't use for marketing purposes.

i haven't read the book (but i did read all the links), and i think
this could be a valuable tool for describing target segments in an
informal and attractive way, and then figuring out their needs, all
within a flexible structure (which stimulates the flow of ideas).

but if we try to be 100% strict with cooper and build "live"
not-stereotypical characters, each one of our "personas" will cover 1%
of our potential market, which means it'll be a useless tool.

anyway, i'll try to write something before this weekend, and then
throw it in the wiki to see what happens.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra