Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

Hi,

Murray Cumming wrote:
Usability studies are not a matter of asking people whether they like that
there is a check box for something. Our developers have given this great
thought, and are interested in the overall experience. The marketing-list
can not focus on that level of detail and expect to be relevant.

As you know, usability is an iterative process. GNOME's not perfect. And user feedback is an important data point (not the only one, of course) in deciding what is good and not good about the software.

Perhaps the marketing team can be a bridge between the outside world that doesn't use mailing lists and bugzilla to developers who do. Of course, we will need to be tactful, polite, and not too insistent that we're right. But we can affect real change by becoming a quality communication channel.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary