Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

> In our peer-group, every suggestion reducing configurablity is judged
> good but is this really true from a marketing point of view? I don't
> think so.
>
> The key is being able to differentiate between good and bad
> suggestions. This needs a proper research method, and a clearly defined
> and agreed upon goal. We lack both.

Usability studies are not a matter of asking people whether they like that
there is a check box for something. Our developers have given this great
thought, and are interested in the overall experience. The marketing-list
can not focus on that level of detail and expect to be relevant.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com