Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

Hi, Dave!

> Unlike wikipedia, GNOME favours credentials over consensus. Gaining a
> reputation for making good product suggestions will come from (guess
> what?) making good product suggestions.

Sorry but that was not what I meant. ;-)

Of course, a series of 'good' suggestions will gain you a reputation.

But the people judgeing about good or bad are the same that made
previous decisions. The result will be a perfect product for
this particular peer-group.

I'm sure there is at least one developer peer-group where every
suggestion rules that improves configurability! ("You-know-who") :-D

In our peer-group, every suggestion reducing configurablity is judged
good but is this really true from a marketing point of view? I don't
think so.

The key is being able to differentiate between good and bad
suggestions. This needs a proper research method, and a clearly defined
and agreed upon goal. We lack both.

Cheers,
Claus