Re: GNOME's Target Markets

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 17:47 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

> Think of the first time you hit
> Ctrl-F in Firefox 0.7 or 0.8 and you didn't have a windo pop up. I
> remember what I said to myself - "Cool!" - and then I told a bunch of
> other people.

I'm new to this list and even though maybe I should listen at first,
let's try giving my opinion. I work in the computer labs at my
university and there is a mac lab there. What I do to show the student
who have never used a mac before that it's cool is I get the to hit "F9"
and then (if you've used a mac) you know that the windows shrink
allowing you to view all open windows and choose one you want to focus.
And what maybe the coolest part about this is the visual zooming effect.
Apple has a number of very cool visual effects. So what I'm trying to
say is, coolness to noobies often comes in form of visual effect and not
necessarily functionality.

-Gezim