Re: Some criticisms of GNOME

I agree with Claus and Quim and I love the way gnome works (exepting some issues with metacity and the change color thing) and I love the gtk file choser, in fact I'm doing my best to help the thunar filemanager that looks a lot like it, however only I agree with nick in a little thing: tell gtk developers to make couloring windows easier!!... I dunno if it's a good idea, but I think no code of gtk needs to be changed, all we need is a theme modifier/creator (I would write it if I knew) that made its work (creating and modifyng gtk and icon themes) with some rules defined by the engines' rules with support to change images' hue for the pixmap engine and the ability to add bits of pixmap into themes whenever the user wants to (like instead of choosing a color for the scrolbar you select a image somehow and it will use the pixmap engine)... but this is the marketing list, I'll write something better detailed with fake screenshots and everything somewhere and I'll point it to everybody and developers. (I guess I will use my blog even though it's in spanish).

2005/8/16, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net>:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:57:12 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil interactors coop> wrote:

[snip]

> We have much better things to do. I would
> acknowledge all criticism, think about it and discuss common answers
> to be published in this page we can link to when falling in those
> discussions.

I basically agree.

I also suggest to add a 'GNOME agenda' -- a summery of what GNOME
developers want to reach in general, which principles guide their design
decisions, etc.

I feel there are a lot of misunderstandings or ignorance about the goals
of GNOME that leads to such criticism.

Cheers,
Claus