Re: Some criticisms of GNOME

On Monday 15 Aug 2005 23:57, Claus Schwarm wrote:
> However, after talking a step back from the emotional affiliation with
> ones own work, it may reveal that there's some insight to be gained in
> the critic, even in the mail from the editor you posted.
>
> The more interesting question would be: Is GNOME able to deal with
> that or not? ;-)

*Warning* KDE lurker jumping in... :o)

How about just authoring a considered response or two in blogs / elsewhere,
then submitting your own story to Slashdot to the effect of "here's a
criticism of GNOME, and here's our considered response". Be open and honest
but also put the flamebaiting to rest.

Really, if anyone can get that worked up at the lack of control over the
colour of the window title bar then an adult response from you guys will only
make the article (assuming it's similar in tenor to the forwarded email) look
like a childish spat covering some interesting issues.

*Back to hole from which I clambered*

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,