Re: Looking for some pointing

Luis Villa wrote:

On 8/12/05, YetZero <yetzero gmail com> wrote:
Here, I have my entries. I tried sending them last week, but I had to
wait for moderator confirmation to send the images to the list as an
attachment. Well, they didn´t come at all, and I found where to upload
them. Here they are:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1740/gnomelivecdwallpaper10248re.png
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9638/gnomelivecdsplash4ut.png
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9227/gnomelivecdbootsplash6sq.png

I really like these! I'm not sure why exactly, but they seem less
overwhelmingly blue than Andreas's mockups, which is really nice.

I have no idea how I should decide; suggestions from the artist types welcome :)
Ok, that seems to be me, so here I go.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1740/gnomelivecdwallpaper10248re.png
Nice, however, I would like to loose the Ubuntu-branding in this and the gnome-splash. It's needed in the bootsplash to pay tribute to ubuntu for providing the base for the livecd, but not to the extent that it is present in all three images. It needs to be clear that this is a GNOME live cd first and foremost.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9638/gnomelivecdsplash4ut.png
Could you try to loose the stripes behind the foot to get a cleaner feeling?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9227/gnomelivecdbootsplash6sq.png
I really like this one. I get a little distracted by the 2.12 in the corner though. Perhaps you could just mention it in the background and then we could replace the 2.12 letters in the background with something else in cases where the versioning is less important, like the GUADEC livecd.

Anyway, exellent stuff!
I would really like to see this on the final cd.

Someone might have some objections about the blue tint, but I think it looks so good I want to keep it this way for now. Nothing wrong with having something that feels stable and robust, even if it can be imprented as cold and don't stick out among other desktop enviorments (win, kde and osx are blue aswell).

- Andreas