Re: Promoting Gnome via Ubuntu in your city :)

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

> Althought I still wonder if Ubuntu will really sent you 1200 CDs...  :D

If Sebastian can show he really knows how many 1200 CDs really is (and can
use them to good effect)... That's a LOT of CDs. :-)

> Please report what the people say. I'm eager to hear why people would
> reject such an offer, or what they have already heard about Linux or
> Ubuntu, or how many CDs were distributed. That would be really great
> because this is valuable information for others willing to do similar
> events.

One of the largest orders we're fulfilling is for 3000 CDs. It was confirmed
pretty quickly when we realised it was the FOSDEM guys, who wanted to give
an Ubuntu CD to every attendee. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

       "I think of the last year or two as being the biggest private
         investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell