Re: Promoting Gnome via Ubuntu in your city :)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:54:53 +0100
Sébastien Tricaud <toady gscore org> wrote:

> So, here we go:
> Using all that, going into the city center saturday afternoon
> (very crowded) and distributing the free CD to people with the "Fiches
> Libres" so that they can discover Linux shipped with Gnome for free
> thus Free software.
>
> What do you think of that ?

Sounds absolutly amazing!

Althought I still wonder if Ubuntu will really sent you 1200 CDs...  :D

Depending on where you live, it might be helpful to sent a notice to
your local newspaper(s) before the event. Smaller journals sell due to
reporting about things like that. :)

Please report what the people say. I'm eager to hear why people would
reject such an offer, or what they have already heard about Linux or
Ubuntu, or how many CDs were distributed. That would be really great
because this is valuable information for others willing to do similar
events.

When did you plan to do this ?

Regards,

Claus