Re: Poster templates (request for comments)

Hi,

Claus Schwarm wrote:
> First, getting appropriate images could turn to a complicated problem. I
> don't know what you used in the drafts - I got an broken image here.
>
> What sort of images do you think of ?

I had a few ideas - first, there was more or less the idea that
we could use the globe from "the global desktop" idea, with the
particular region in the poster highlighted.

Second, and more interesting, is to use photos of people involved
in the project - either people using the telecentros in Sao
Paolo, or one of the decision makers involved. I don't think this
will be a major problem, since all of the projects that we really
want to highlight are happy to cooperate with the project - all
we need to do is ask.

I thought that inkscape would embed the png I used, it seems it
embedded a reference instead. The image was a place-holder, a
wilber on a French tricolor I did some months ago for something
else.

> Second, posters smaller than DIN A3 usually look unprofessional. I
> guess, you'd like the templates to be used locally. Is the ability to
> print larger than DIN A4 available in most parts of the world ?

All of the elements I used in the templates were vectorial, and
the page was a standard ISO size (I thought it was A4, but never
mind) - since it's vector art, it scales cleanly.

> Third, long texts (everythink beyond a short paragraph) is seldomly
> read on posters of single page ads. If one can't read it in a second,
> most people don't do it.

Many posters and ads have a bigger headline to catch the eye, and
then some text with details for people who take the time to read.

> As an alternative to the latter two, I'd like to suggest to use double
> folded landscape DIN A4 (or the local format) flyers as a "Give-away" at
> meetings, presentations, etc. These can be printed an a standard
> printer, folded within a few hours, and their texts are more likely to
> get read because that's something people can grap with their hands.

Sure - we should have decent info sheets that we have available
for printing too.

Cheers,
Dave.

--