Poster templates (request for comments)

Hi,

I'm no artist, but I wanted to try and come up with a usable
template for a poster or two while I have the chance (I have a
couple of days off work before Christmas).

The theme would be to focus on places where GNOME is used in poor
communities and schools, showing the human face of GNOME as well
as the community aspect of the project.

The top bit I'm not happy with - the "X chose GNOME" or "X
chooses GNOME", but I have no had luck with a better way of
saying it.

I'm also slightly unhappy with the layout, but I'm hoping
Sebastien can come up with something better based on this :)

There are two templates - one with a simple
slogan/graphic/"software for everyone", and a second one with
space for a few paragraphs of text.

I did them in Inkscape, which doesn't have things like text boxes
or columns of text in boxes, simply because using scribus here on
my wee computer is impossible.

Any ideas for improving the overall balance of the posters, and
perhaps suggestions of the types of texts we should put in them?

I like the idea of having a template with a good core idea and
layout - it will give us a low-effort way to get a number of
different posters, as well as allowing local user groups to focus
more on stories and deployments which suit the region best.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
        David Neary,