Re: gnome-maps doesn't start due to geoclue

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Juan Rafael García Blanco
<juanrgar gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you. I’d like to port geoclue2 to OSX; for now I’m just trying to know why it isn’t just working out
of the box. I think I would be fine if I don’t get geoclue2 know where I am; my first goal now is to be
able to run gnome-maps (without geolocalisation).

I appreciate every piece of advice you could provide. I don’t expect anyone to port geoclue2 or to spend
more than a few minutes on this.

This is the error I get when I run libexec/geoclue:
(geoclue:23771): Geoclue-CRITICAL **: Failed to acquire name 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' on system bus or
lost it.

Does this mean autolaunch is not working? Or it simply means that dbus cannot locate geoclue service?

Its the permissions, when you build geoclue you can tell it as which
user you want to run geoclue as. I suspect this is not set in OSX
packages and it defaults to 'root' so try running it as root.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124