Re: gnome-maps doesn't start due to geoclue

Hi,

Thank you. I’d like to port geoclue2 to OSX; for now I’m just trying to know why it isn’t just working out of
the box. I think I would be fine if I don’t get geoclue2 know where I am; my first goal now is to be able to
run gnome-maps (without geolocalisation).

I appreciate every piece of advice you could provide. I don’t expect anyone to port geoclue2 or to spend more
than a few minutes on this.

This is the error I get when I run libexec/geoclue:
(geoclue:23771): Geoclue-CRITICAL **: Failed to acquire name 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' on system bus or lost
it.

Does this mean autolaunch is not working? Or it simply means that dbus cannot locate geoclue service?

Thank you.

Regards,
Juan.