Re: New design ideas

On 03/13/2014 08:29 PM, Jonas Danielsson wrote:
The more direct question is: which types to we "filter" out to be POIs
in Maps?
My Google Maps app on my phone has: Restaurant, Cafés, Bars and Sights.
Do we have any suggestion for a similar filtering?

I agree we need to limit the results to that kind of POIs, as some places have things like benches and all the trees in a parks. The above list sounds like a good start.

If I get an POI as a Search Result should then that also have the POI
icon?

Yes.

The popovers for Search Result that should always be visible. Should
it also be able to move with the map?
Or will it disapear if I pan/zoom? Should it be visible while the map
view travels to it, or only when I've arrived?
(Sorry, I'm just thinking like an engineer here :) It wil lbe easier
to implement if just the marker is visible while traveling to it,
and the bubble pops up when we have arrived).

My thinking was that it would hide the bubble and just show the marker on pan/zoom and then pop it up again only if you click the marker again. With regards to hiding the bubble on traveling, I think it would be best for the bubble to only show when you arrive. Especially if we can animate it up somehow.

In the headerbar mockup the search results have a single line
rendering "Onsala Herrgård" while the bookmark menu has
a two line rendering. Are they different by design or should both be
of one of the types?

I don't have any strong feelings about this, but it might make sense to make both 2 line entrys.
- Andreas