Re: Random thoughts

Danilo,

> We don't want to limit ourselves only to what any underlying
> infrastructure provides.  An API such as "set_my_private_date_format()"
> can also be implemented on top of GNU libc using LOCPATH and I18NPATH,
> though it's not necessarily trivial to do so.

Do you need only a setter API for the various locale data elements - kind
of opposite to nl_langinfo(), that has an effect only in memory on a given
locale_t object? Or do you think of APIs that write configuration, entered
by the user, to the filesystem in the user's home directory?

More generally, do you need functionalities that would not be adequate for
a console or KDE application?

I'm just trying to figure out where is the frontier between things that
belong in a GUI- and toolkit independent library and things that belong
into a GNOME library. (And hoping that the two can be cleanly separated ;-))

Bruno