Re: Random thoughts

Today at 14:14, Bruno Haible wrote:

> Thanks for taking that into account. I don't see anything decided yet,
> but "merge with glocale" is one of several working hypotheses for the
> moment...

I agree with Behdad that this is what we want.

> On what does the configuration API depend? glibc doesn't have configuration
> API beyond setenv(). glocale - so far - is thought in the same spirit. Is
> the configuration API GNOME specific, or is it something that can be
> shared between console applications, GNOME applications and KDE applications?

We don't want to limit ourselves only to what any underlying
infrastructure provides.  An API such as "set_my_private_date_format()"
can also be implemented on top of GNU libc using LOCPATH and I18NPATH,
though it's not necessarily trivial to do so.

Cheers,
Danilo