xml validation using C++/libxml

Hi,
I'm new to xml and libxml and need some info on validating the xml.
I'm using C++ and libxml to validate the soap enabled xml message
using schema(xsd).
The validating is giving errors due to the presence of soap envelop and body.

How can I successfully validate the soap enabled xml successfully
using schema in C++
What API's can be used?
Do we have to strip off the soap envelop from the message before
sending it to schema validator or is there any option to be added in
the schema?

Please suggest

Thanks,
PG