Re: Using libxml++ on Windows

Marc Van Peteghem <Marc VanPeteghem traficon com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use libxml++ on Windows. The libxml++ page says that the
> libraries libxml2 and gtkmm are needed. But gtkmm needs GTK+ and
> libsig++. GTK+ in turn needs GLib, cairo, Pango, ATK, gdk-pixbuf and
> GTK+ developer packages. And libsig++ needs pkg-config. I don't dare
> to check if these need other packages.
>
> On Posix systems like Linux these are commonly present, but on Windows
> they need to be installed separately.
>
> But it seems that libxml++ just needs the string type from gtkmm.

Hi Marc,

the string type is from glibmm, not gtkmm.

cairo, Pango, ATK and gdk-pixbuff are GUI-related and should not be
needed (they are not needed on my Debian system).

On Debian Linux libxml++2.6-2-dev (recursively) depends on:

      libxml2-dev (>= 2.6.1),
      libglibmm-2.4-dev (>= 2.4.0)
      libc6 (>= 2.7),
      zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg)
      libglibmm-2.4-1c2a (= 2.24.2-1),
      libglib2.0-dev (>= 2.24.0),
      libsigc++-2.0-dev (>= 2.0.0),
      pkg-config

DevC++ and some other IDEs include a built in package manager on windows
I recall, that works like a charm (used that about 2 years ago the last
time for wxWidgets development).

What's the problem installing a few libraries by hand anyway (just a few
Kb)?

There are some package manager solutions for windows, but it feels like
they didn't get the idea....

  Sebastian