RE: Using libxml++ on Windows

It seems I confused gtkmm and glibmm, sorry about that.

What you said is quite different from the libxml++ homepage that says you just need libxml2 and glibmm. I'll give it a try, but there are some problems for us if it needs so many libraries.

One is that about 15 programmers will need it all on their computers if we use libxml++. Our typical solution to that, like we did with a JPEG library, is to put it in our VC++ solution, so everyone gets it automatically with GIT. But if we need 8 other libraries it gets tedious.

Another problem is application size, since we develop software for embedded systems. I don't know yet how all these libraries will impact the application size, but that is the reason why we can't use Xerces (application went from about 1 MB to 2.5 MB just to validate against a schema), even though it doesn't need any other libraries.

Marc