RE: Using libxml++ on Windows

PPS: we also need this on Windows CE, so the binary redistributions that I just found on http://live.gnome.org/gtkmm/MSWindows are not enough for us, we probably need to compile it ourselves.

From: libxmlplusplus-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:libxmlplusplus-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Marc Van Peteghem
Sent: vrijdag 22 oktober 2010 14:06
To: libxmlplusplus-list gnome org
Subject: Using libxml++ on Windows

Hi,

I want to use libxml++ on Windows. The libxml++ page says that the libraries libxml2 and gtkmm are needed. But gtkmm needs GTK+ and libsig++. GTK+ in turn needs GLib, cairo, Pango, ATK, gdk-pixbuf and GTK+ developer packages. And libsig++ needs pkg-config. I don’t dare to check if these need other packages.

On Posix systems like Linux these are commonly present, but on Windows they need to be installed separately.

But it seems that libxml++ just needs the string type from gtkmm. Is there a convenient way to just have the string type without needing all the other libraries? I tried to do so but soon needed header files of Glib.

PS: we’re using Visual Studio, so precompiled binaries for gcc are not gonna helps us.

Regards,

Marc