[libxml++] Libxml++ Dependencies

I would like to take a try at hacking libxml++ to reduce dependency on
gnome except for the Glib::ustring and of course libxml2.  One reason is
that I tend to use the latest version of g++ and that sometimes causes
C++ library problems if all the C++ dependencies are not recompiled.

Does anyone have a suggested tack?

I personally would like to see the appropriate source for the string
dumped into the libxml++ package, but I believe that Christophe said he
would prefer a liibrary split of glibmm.

And then I believe there is a locale dependency on glibmm but I am not
sure how to proceed there.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom Browder